Sunday 15 May 2016

REVIEW: Parachute Ayurvedic Hair Oil



This is the only hair oil that has worked to reduce my hair fall. This is a bold opening statement and is a bright ray of hope for anyone who is suffering from hair fall. Read on to find out more about my experience with this oil and how soon it had started showing results.


Earlier I had reviewed Parachute's Scalp Therapie and it wasn't the magic potion that I was looking for. And then I had the tube light moment. I had not always suffered from hair loss. In fact, I was blessed with luxurious hair which was quite a neighbors envy! This was around 2 years ago and my hair fall really started becoming a problem since these past 2 years. At that point, I was adventurous enough to try out every single hair oil in the market. I basically just wanted silky, soft, shiny hair. I had tried and tested all of Parachute's hair oils. Parachute Ayurvedic hair oil was one of my favorite oil back in the day and I thought I should definitely give it a go this time around and see if it helps hair fall just like its advertisement claims.


The packaging has changed since I last used it. It still comes in the trademark Parachute dark blue plastic bottle but now it has an orange highlight and pictures of a lady with lovely long and thick tresses and below is a traditional Indian bowl used to churn up stuff with some herbs in it. The oil is a mustard brown color oil and has a very earthy aroma.



It is an ayurvedic proprietary medicine to control hair fall and grow hair longer (based on a clinical study).


It has the following ingredients in it
Amla or the Indian gooseberry
Aloe vera
Henna
Nagarmotha
Fenugreek
fragrance
Coconut oil / excipients q.s.


About 26% or 1/4th of the oil composition are herbs and the base is coconut oil and some mystery excipients which means fillers. Among these ingredients, Amla, Henna, and Fenugreek are famous Indian household ingredients that are used in hair packs to control hair fall. Coconut is a versatile hair oil and it is the only oil that can penetrate deep into the hair nourishing it with nutrients. So, the ingredients list looks promising to help control hair fall.


I use up a generous quantity of oil all over my scalp and hair. I never measured how much I used but I estimate up to 4 tbsp. Yes, my lovelies, my hair is one thirsty being and I wish I could show you how it literally drinks up all the oil every time I apply it. I need to apply 2 - 3 coats to saturate my hair with the oil. I have waist length hair so you might understand why I need more than 50 ml of oil to oil my hair in one use.


I always oil my hair at bedtime just before retiring to bed and if I were too tired or lazy ( most of the times), I sweetly ask my mom to do me a favor with the oiling. It takes about 10 - 15 minutes to saturate my hair with oil and then at least 5 minutes of head massage. Then I loosely twirl up my hair in a bun or a braid and go to sleep. I wash my hair the next morning or if there is a long holiday then I let it stay for a couple of days or as long as I can. I use my favorite ayurvedic shampoo (read the review here) and it is the best combination ever!


It is said that new hair products take their time to get along well with one and often cause hair fallout between the time that our bodies get accustomed to it.


I, for one, didn't have that case with this oil. Since the first time I used it we got along very well. I didn't have any more hair falling off. Although my hair doesn't feel like its strongest but right from day one I could tell that my hair was falling lesser. If I tried to change my oil to any other then my hair fall would immediately turn to its usual. With this oil that hair fall reduced by nearly half but not all the way. I have been using this for months now and now the hair fall pattern has remained the same. It hasn't reduced further but no other oil had even come this close. I notice that my hair fall only reduces dramatically when I introduce my DIY recipe to top off this oil and shampoo combination. With that mask I notice only a few strands falling off. That is fantastic!


As you can see in the picture above, this hair fall might seem too much or less for you. But this is the hair fall after using Parachute ayurvedic hair oil. It was so much worse earlier. I had nearly 4 - 5x more hair fall before.


It probably is helping my hair grow too but I am not sure if it can take full  credit since my hair has always been quick to grow.


So, all in all, my hair is still falling off but at least this oil is helping me when nothing else worked.









3 comments:

  1. Decent blog and one thing is that patanjali ayurved having an extensive variety of ayurvedic hair oil and hair care products these items are low in cost. For more information visit our website: ayurvedic hair oil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing such an awesome blog...
    Dandruff Treatment In Bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the great and very helpful information regarding herbal hair care treatments or medicine. I also used #1 Herbal hair growth supplements from Cureveda brand it help my hair loss cure. Thanks

    ReplyDelete