Saturday 30 April 2016

REVIEW: Patanjali Rose Face Wash



Patanjali Rose Face Wash is made from natural ingredients like extracts of rose, neem, and aloe vera.

Composition:
Each 10 ml contains extracts of
Rose - 50 mg
Aloe vera - 50 mg
Neem - 5 mg

Base material - Aqua, gel base, honey, diazolidinyl urea, IPBC, vitamin E, fragrance, CI 15450

Net weight - 60 g
MRP - INR 60
Shelf life - 1.5 years
Recommended for normal to oily skin.
Claims: Useful for dry and rough skin and to reduce pimples.

I had been eyeing the Rose face wash for a while but I never purchased it as I was already using the rose soap and I thought the two would be similar. If you haven't read my blog on the rose body cleanser already, read it here. I finally gave in and bought it while I was travelling recently as the tube is more handy to carry around than the soap. So, are the two really similar? Read on to know more about the face wash.

Most Patanjali face washes contain more than one ingredient, and to me that is really confusing because I like one ingredient and don't like the other one in it so I end up not purchasing it at all. But the Patanjali Rose face wash is is packaged with only a beautiful picture of a rose on the tube as if it is a solo ingredient product. Well, that is somewhat true too, as rose is one of the main ingredient, but it also has aloe vera extract in equal quantity as rose, and a little bit of neem. All these ingredients are present in such tiny quantities, milligrams to be precise, it is hardly a 100% au naturale product as the rest of the product is made using some or the other chemical. But at least it has some natural ingredient in it!

So, the packaging is a simple yet beautiful one with a really pretty color combination of white and pink. How girly! I love it! The tube is white and it has a pretty rose on it and the text and all that jazz is in pink - the kind of pink that you would associate with a rose. The tube has a flip cap which is (thankfully) easy on the nails. It is a medium sized tube (60g), neither compact nor too bulky but it is easy to carry around in a make up bag.

The face wash is almost transparent but has the slightest hint of baby pink to it. It is a gel base so it is quite refreshing for use in the summer time. No prizes for guessing the fragrance; rose!It is not as strong as the rose body cleanser but it is nice and mild. It doesn't lather like soap but just forms a foamy film which washes off easily. It does not leave any sticky or tacky feeling on the skin like most gel based soaps do. I use quite a fair amount of the face wash over my face and neck and then it does its job well. 

Now let's talk about its benefits. Rose is a really good natural moisturizer and it is great for dry skin. It also helps to even out the complexion by erasing scars and pigmentation. By the way, did you that the scent of a rose is an aphrodisiac? Pretty obvious, if you think about it! Aloe vera suits dry, normal, and oily skin alike. It is so effective on dry skin and on oily skin it just tones down the oiliness. Neem is an antibacterial agent and it helps to fight pimples.

The product itself mentions that it is meant for normal to oily skin, and it is true! If you have dry skin, or you want to use this in the winter, drop that idea right there. That is quite ironic since rose is meant to work on dry skin. But this works well on oily skin or in the summer. The first time that I used it, it gave a tingling fresh sensation. It being summer, I loved the feeling. But, alas! My skin quickly de-sensitized to it and I couldn't feel it again but it sure feels refreshing every time I use it. It is a very mild cleanser, so if you are looking to remove your make up with it, uh-uh! In the summer, I feel the need to wash my face often as I get oily in the blink of an eye, and I feel guilty to use soap that often. But as this one is so gentle, it hardly feels like soap. So, once the cleansing is done, I feel my skin is smooth but glossy, still. If you like your skin looking matte after a face wash, especially if you have oily skin then I am sure you like a matte look, then this guy won't impress you. But glossy skin is a perfect base for make up. If you do intend to wear mattifying foundation, then this face wash will give you the perfect glossy base, so that your make up will look soft and dewy. I feel it works well that way. As far as the fragrance goes, it is not strong and it vanishes after having patting skin dry. It didn't work well on acne or acne scars which is again disappointing because all the three natural ingredients in there are supposed to be good for that. I really wonder that its ingredients are one thing and what it works for is a different thing.

Overall, this product is awesome for normal skin. It is also awesome for a glossy looking skin. If you already have perfect skin and are looking for the mildest cleanser out there to maintain your amazing skin, then this is the one for you. If you are looking for a remedy to fix your problem skin, this is a waste of money. I guess having already used the rose soap, my expectations out of this face wash were high, but they came crashing down. I now use other face washes to fix any skin issues that I may be facing at that point and only use this one along the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment